Dr. Shehla Ebrahim
Dr. Shehla Ebrahim is a certificant of the College of Family Physicians of Canada as well as a fellow of the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
As a graduate of the University of British Columbia, she began her career in family medicine in 1992. Responding to her patients’ growing demand for cosmetic procedures, she decided to pursue a career in aesthetic medicine. Due to a keen interest in cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Ebrahim expanded her practice to include light and laser skin resurfacing and cosmetic medicine. Her greatest areas of interest include laser- and light-based therapies for several dermatological conditions, including rosacea, acne, acne scars, and anti-aging.
She has a thriving medical spa on the North Shore. A progressive business model has helped Dr. Ebrahim gain noble accolades that include being published in various print and television media as well as being recognized by the women’s Enterprise society as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs of BC.
Dr. Ebrahim began teaching first-year medical students the art of family medicine as well as clinical research. She now teaches fellow physicians at the local, national and international levels on the science and art of injectables and laser treatments. She also presents many lectures on dermatology topics including: hair loss, cryotherapy of benign skin lesions, the treatment of actinic keratosis, and psoriasis.
Her passion for skin care has inspired her to pursue a diploma in practical dermatology through the university of Cardiff in Wales which she completed in 2011.
In collaboration with the Women’s Enterprise Centre, she serves as a mentor for new women in business who are pursuing their passions and living their dreams.
Dr. Ebrahim is also the Medical Director for both Ambleside Dermedics Health Centre in West Vancouver.
Dr. Ebrahim’s qualifications include:
- Certificant of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
- Fellow of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (FCFP)
- Certificant of Practical Dermatology from Cardiff University
- Certificant of The American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
- Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
She is a member of the following professional organizations:
- MD from the University of British Columbia
- BC College of Family Physicians
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- British Columbia Medical Association
- Society of General Practitioners of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Medical Spa Society