Photorejuvenation / IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
IPL or Intense Pulsed Light, also known as photorejuvenation, is an innovative, non-invasive rejuvenation technique which involves high intensity pulsations of light (not lasers) passing through the skin. It is non-ablative, meaning no skin is removed. Its benefits include, smoother, more revitalized skin, improved texture and a reduction in pore size.
This breakthrough treatment involves directing energy to the treatment area. The energy is delivered to both superficial and deep layers of the skin, sparing the epidermis (top layer).
The result is an exfoliation of damaged skin coupled with the stimulation of collagen production on the skin's surface.
The treatment can be used effectively on the face, neck, chest and hands.
It does not contain harmful UV light and is a very safe, effective and established treatment for a number of benign skin conditions.
A MicroLaserPeel is stronger than microdermabrasion but less aggressive than laser skin resurfacing. This is a gentle laser-assisted skin peel is a revolutionary facial rejuvenation treatment requiring only a few days of healing time.
The intraepidermal laser precisely ablates the outermost layers of the skin.
This superficial skin peeling procedure is individually customized to each patient.
Benefits are noticed within a few days following the procedure as skin peeling will occur.
The skin will appear smoother, healthier, more radiant and will have improved texture.
Other benefits include: improved elasticity and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines.
Microlaserpeels can be used on the neck, hands and chest as well.
The Laser Genesis procedure utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, discretely and effectively treat fine-line wrinkles, diffuse and excessive redness and help manage large pores, uneven skin texture, and scars. You can expect to see subtle yet consistent results after each treatment, without unwanted side effects such as bruising or excessive skin irritation after the Laser Genesis procedure. Laser Genesis Treatments can be performed in a relaxed, comfortable manner without the use of topical anesthetics or gel.
How does Laser Genesis work?
By gently heating the upper dermis well below your skin's surface, Laser Genesis stimulates collagen regrowth. Additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness.
Cosmeceuticals (Retinoids and Vitamin C)
Vitamin C and its derivatives are scientifically proven antiflammatory antioxidants that also promote collagen biosynthesis and are therefore widely used cosmeceuticals today. The primary role of Vitamin C is in the prevention of damage. It is commonly used to maintain results attained from cosmetic procedures.
- Cega 30 cream.
- Cega and ferrulic.
- Cega eye cream.
The first clinical trials describing the benefits of retinoids for the treatment of photodamage were published over twenty years ago (1986 and 1988). Many trials since these have confirmed the benefits by demonstrating that topical retinoids:
- Topical retinoids are useful prescription drugs that can prevent skin aging as well as treat photodamage.
- Retinoids increase Type I collagen formation in the dermal matrix.
- Common side effects include erythema (redness), desquamation (flakiness) and irritation due to decreased ceramides and compromised barrier function with increased TEWL (Trans Epidermal Water Loss).
- The beneficial effects of tretinoin can be achieved with low concentrations (0.25%) and three times weekly dosing.
- The benefits of a retinoid cease 24 weeks after discontinuing treatment and therefore require long term maintenance.
- When administered appropriately, most patients should be considered candidates for using retinoids as part of an ongoing skin care maintenance regimen to optimize skin aging.