If you are tired of the time-consuming hassle brought on by the daily application of makeup, Permanent Makeup treatment from Afterglow may be a great option for your needs! Permanent cosmetics, also known as cosmetic micropigmentation, can enhance your facial appearance with results that last for years. The treatment is essentially a cosmetic tattoo, permanently replicating the effects of eyeliner, eyebrow pencils, lipstick, or lipliner. Here at Afterglow Medical Aesthetics & Skin Care, our Permanent Makeup procedures can provide you with beautiful, natural-looking results.
For more information on Permanent Makeup, or to schedule a complimentary consultation to talk about your goals, please contact us today.
What are the benefits of Permanent Makeup?
In addition to giving many patients a more convenient alternative to wearing traditional makeup, Permanent Makeup can benefit:
- Individuals with arthritis, poor vision, or unsteady hands who find it difficult to apply makeup
- Individuals who have allergies to makeup, watery eyes, or trouble with contact lenses
- Those who have excessively oily skin resulting in makeup that is consistently smearing
- Those who have irregularly shaped lips
- Individuals who have lost eyebrows or eyelashes due to overplucking, chemotherapy, or alopecia
What are the most commonly treated facial areas?
- Eyebrows: Permanent Makeup can work wonders for eyebrows that are too thin, too light, or missing an abundance of hair. With cosmetic micropigmentation, your eyebrows can be enhanced with beautiful results. Each hair is individually drawn for a soft, natural appearance.
- Around the Eyes – Eyeliner: Permanent eyeliner is one of the most beneficial aspects of cosmetic micropigmentation. We can help you beautifully bring out your eyes and provide a fuller, thicker appearance to the eyelashes.
- Lips: If you have thin, asymmetrical, or irregularly shaped lips, Permanent Makeup can give them a fuller, more evenly pigmented appearance.
Can Permanent Makeup be used to camouflage scars?
Yes. Cosmetic micropigmentation can be precisely applied on and around the scar to help it blend in with surrounding skin and minimize its appearance.
Permanent Makeup techniques can also be performed to recreate the appearance of the nipple and areola after breast reconstruction.
How will I know if I’ll like the results?
When you come in for your initial consultation, our skin care technician will “pre-draw” the makeup application on the areas you will be targeting for treatment. This will give you an idea of what the results can potentially look like.
Does it hurt?
Our technician can use a topical anesthetic in the treated areas to reduce discomfort during the Permanent Makeup procedure.
What can I expect during recovery?
There will be some swelling and redness in the treated areas after treatment; however, this should fade within a few days. Any discomfort can be alleviated with medication. We will schedule a “touch-up” visit at our practice about two to four weeks following the initial treatment. The pigments used in the procedure will darken as the treatment areas heal. Please remember that the pigments should lighten about 40 to 60 percent once the healing process is complete.
More Like This
Permanent Makeup can be combined with other effective procedures, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Intense Pulsed Light Therapy, CoolSculpting™, or an array of other options to create a more comprehensive aesthetic makeover.