- For many people, the limited effect is part of the allure. After all, choosing to undergo a permanent procedure can seem risky—what if you don’t like the outcome?
- Cosmetic injectables and dermal fillers, however, can provide similar benefits without the commitment.
When determining which injectable may be right for you, it’s important to remember that each formula lasts a different amount of time.
If you love the outcome, our skilled physicians perform routine touch-ups to help you maintain a smoother, more youthful-looking appearance.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most popular cosmetic injectables available.
- Designed to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles along the forehead, between the brows, and around the eyes (crow’s feet), BOTOX® injections often can help you look years younger in a matter of days.
- Benefits typically become visible after four to five days and last three to six months, although individual results will vary. With repeat treatments, the benefits may continue longer.
JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, Teosyal®, and Perlane® are all comprised of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body. However, that doesn’t mean they all last the same amount of time.
- JUVÉDERM® typically lasts about six to nine months, and this will vary by individual.
- Restylane® lasts a similar amount of time, as does Perlane®.
Radiesse® is a dermal filler and considered semi-permanent. Made up of calcium microspheres suspended in gel, Radiesse® can last as long as two to five years. With all of these treatments, your unique experience may vary from these estimates.
For more information about cosmetic injectables, their benefits, and more, or if you wish to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our physicians, please contact us today.