Dr. Shehla Ebrahim, our experienced physician, explains how these ingredients, as well as more beneficial materials, can have an effect on your skin and health:
Potentially carcinogenic ingredients include parabens, BHA/BHT, and coal tar dyes.
Please find below a list of ingredients to be aware of:
Say NO to these ingredients:
- Artificial fragrance can have up to 200 ingredients. Some of the chemicals contained in parfum can cause sun sensitivity, hyperpigmentation, and skin irritation.
- Paraben is a cheap preservative and has been linked to cancer, may disrupt the endocrine system, and could be toxic to the reproductive system.
- Phthalates are derived from plastics and are banned in children’s toys in the EU. However, they are still found in perfumes, make-up products, and deodorants. Phthalates have been linked to liver, kidney, and lung damage.
- Talc: When it is converted to a powder form, it can mimic asbestos. This highly toxic chemical can intensify acne and dehydrate the skin.
Say YES to these Ingredients:
- Clean aroma sources include essential oils, plant extracts, and aromatherapy.
- CoEnzyme Q10 can stimulate the healing and rejuvenation of skin cells and is naturally found in every living cell of the body.
- Hyaluronic Acid can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Pine Bark Extract is a natural preservative with antioxidant capabilities 50 times greater than Vitamin E and 20 times greater than Vitamin C.
- Radish Root Extract is a natural preservative system.
Contact our Client Coordinators to learn more about the make-up products that we carry at Ambleside Dermedics.